22.22.22

The significance of the number 22 to me, started about 20 years ago when a friend of mine told me that when he first became mentally unwell he was waiting to be seen by a psychiatrist, when a voice said 'remember 22'. This was a totally abstract and random thing. But when he told me I was quite suggestible, and open to taking meaning from just about anything from anywhere. The number 22, along with many other numbers became signs of things. I took the number 22 to signify that something good was going to happen and for years when dates like 22.02.YYYY came round I would get quite unwell waiting for something to happen - often something good, but also bad. I got out of this habit a few years back, because my illness shifts around its emphasis on different things for different times. However, the Manchester Bombing changed that for a short time. The bomber was 22 years old. He carried out the attack on the 22nd of May. He killed 22 people. It was all coming back and the association I had with that number was no longer good. There was nothing good about what that extremist did.

I see the number 22 everywhere. For example, my friend who first put me on to this number died a few years ago. A month or so after the bombing I had dream about him. We were chatting and laughing, like we used to when he was alive. But the dream woke me up with a start and I woke up and looked at my clock, and it was 2.22 am.

There have been many examples of 22 popping up. Too many to remember and I still don't know what it all means - if anything. But that bomber could not have predicted that he would kill 22 people. He could control the date and his age. Who knows...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Will Overwhelm You.

The Conspiracy Theorist Conspiracy

365 Oracle